Monday, March 31, 2008

Surrender

Fly, Fly
Little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love

Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
and fly again.

Fly, Fly
Precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this memory, bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, Fly
Do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget


Fly, Fly
Little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

--Celine Dion


I meditated almost two hours this morning. I cried during much of it. Today is my birthday. I asked for healing and acceptance in my meditation. I bought a bunch of tulips, and daffodils, and a little flowering campanula plant with purple blossoms.

There is a thick blanket of snow outside, and snow still falls. But the sky is growing brighter, I heard a robin's chirp, and the nuthatch visited my feeder again.

1 comment:

majo said...

Happy birthday, Marilyn, even though I'm a day late. I hope that you get everything you want this year, or that you find valuable new directions. I was thinking about you in the last couple of days as I always do when the academic work threatens to drown me. Appreciate the space you made in your life - I'm sure it will produce something wonderful.