Friday, December 7, 2007

Circles and Cycles

"You are growing stronger with each cycle." That phrase from a comment posted here lingers, because I need to keep faith in the cycles and circles of life. It's hard to get the linear concept of time and progress out of my mindset. To practice faith in life's circular rhythms, even though I see it around me in the seasons, the sunrises and sunsets, the daily and weekly routines, I need to make a conscious effort.

Last night, Felix was particularly cantankerous, and bouncing off the walls too. "He worked us over," Dan said as we were getting ready for bed after Felix finally settled down. This morning he ran to us and gave us each a long, delicious morning hug. Those hugs are indescribably wonderful. I can't begin to explain how they make me feel all right about the world.

But on this particular morning as he hugged me, the world and I floated away on his words. For the first time, he said without my saying it first, "You know what Mommy? I love you."

No comments: